As reported by Bob Ellis here, over 1000 Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) waivers have been granted by Kathleen Sebelius’ Health and Human Services Department (HHS). Among those exempted (the original article says it best),
more than a few of them are unions (which, we’re told, exist to help the oppressed worker–so why are they copping out on such a wonderful benefit for the workers?)
- Bridge, Structural, Ornamental & Reinforcing Ironworkers Local Union No. 60
- IBEW Local 3 NYC Electrical Division Health & Welfare Fund
- Indiana Area UFCW Union Locals and Retail Food Employers’ Health and Welfare Plan
- Teamsters Union Local # 35
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Supplemental Benefit Fund Local 409
- Teamsters Local Union 966 Health Fund
- Electricians Health, Welfare & Pension Plans I.B.E.W. Local Union No. 995
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Welfare Fund of Local Union No. 719
- International union of Operating Engineers, Local Union Number 137
- Sheet Metal Workers Funds of Local Union 38
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1000
- Social Service Employees Union Local 371
- United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 1459
If ObamaCare is so wonderful, so good for the country, doesn’t kill jobs, and is badly needed by the poor of America…why is the Obama Administration leaving these desperate people who work at these groups hanging out to dry?
Maybe because they all really know what a useless socialist scam it is–and as with all socialist scams, the privileged ones are exempted from the raw effects of this corrosive philosophy.
And if you’re a small business without the connections to wrangle one of these waivers, then that’s just you’re tough luck in the land of the “free,” isn’t it?
Yep. But of course, this is the system that Lynn Woolsey supports…as a preliminary platform to the public option and then her real goal: single payer.