Next Tuesday at 11:00 a.m., a panel including Lynn Woolsey will discuss “Government Works: Growing JOBS in the North Bay.” According to the announcement posted on our congresswoman’s website, other “experts” on the panel will be
- Sylvia Allegretto, Research Economist at the UC Berkeley Center on Wage and Employment Dynamics
- Bill Scott, Secretary-Treasurer, Marin Building Trades Council
- Ruben Perez, Business Owner, Napa Electric
- Chris Snyder, District Representative, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 3
- Lisa Maldonado, Executive Director, North Bay Labor Council, AFL-CIO
The public is encouraged to attend — although the time certainly isn’t convenient for working individuals — and the event is sponsored by “the North Bay Labor Council and SEIU Local 1021.”
How typical is it that Lynn Woolsey would associate herself with something advocating “job creation” by government? Government is her answer, her crutch, for everything. She doesn’t fathom that a healthy nation’s economy MUST have a primarily private sector job creation engine. Jobs “created” by government are subsidized by the taxpayers; jobs created by free enterprise actually expand the tax base. In other words, the former feeds off the public trough; the latter does not and provides jobs that increase the country’s treasure rather than diminish it.
It is important that we who understand that real jobs are created by the private sector show ourselves at this event and counter the “leftist” views that will undoubtedly be bandied about as “facts.” Go, if you can!